FY05 FUDS Site, Moses Point Garrison Remedial Action, Elim, Alaska
In April 2005, the US Corps of Engineers, Alaska District awarded a contract to ChemTrack to provide remediation services at the former Garrison Pad FUDS site at Moses Point, Alaska. The project site is located in the arctic region and has a limited work season. The site is only accessible by barge or air.
Previous site activities at the site resulted in several areas containing soil impacted by diesel range organics (DRO), Residual Range Organics (RRO), lead, tar/asphalt material, buried debris and buried (full and empty) drums. The general scope of work for this project included the following activities:
- excavation and proper disposal of contaminated soils/materials/buried debris
- conducting confirmational analytical sampling at excavation areas
- surveying the confirmational sampling locations and excavation boundaries
- constructing a land farming treatment cell for management of diesel contaminated soil
- properly containerizing, transportation and disposal of waste designated for off-site disposal
- site restoration/revegetation of excavation areas.